Due to Covid-19 this product is closed for sale until further notice.
SvalBad is a completely different experience. Here, time will slow down– and so will your heart rate, and it’s time for those warm conversations, or to just enjoy the peaceful silence.
The shared sauna is open for individual guests to book a place in the sauna, and you take a sauna with other individual guests.
Through the large windows you can enjoy the view of the city’s mountain, Hiorthfjellet, in all its glory, or maybe see the northern lights over the clear, star filled sky during the polar nights.
SvalBad is a floating, wood burning sauna docked by the port of Longyearbyen. Both the float and the sauna itself is largely built with repurposed materials from old buildings, both from Longyearbyen and Svea. Local history is literally built into the walls and we’re proud to say that SvalBad is a result of great teamwork, great local commitment – and a great example of circular economy.
In SvalBad you will be given a warm welcome by your sauna host, who has preheated the sauna for you. You will then get a brief summary of rules and some good sauna advice.
Now it’s time to feel the heat – and maybe take a refreshing dip in the sea.
There are both research and myths about saunas and ice bathing that we can neither confirm or deny, but we can promise you one thing: The pleasant feeling of well-being!
- Bring two towels, one to sit on, and one to dry yourself off.
- Bring water for consumption
- Wooly socks is your best friend after a refreshing bath! Bring some!
- The age limit for using SvalBad is 18. Children over the age of 10 can use SvalBad when accompanied by a parent or a guardian.
- We accept bookings of a minimum of 3 people and a maximum of 7 people. In case of less than 3 people, the session will be cancelled and the cost refunded.
- In case of cancellation due to bad weather, the ticket will be refunded.
Meeting place: The parking lot next to Turistkaia, Port of Longyearbyen.
|Ticket Type||Ticket Tariff|
|Adults||NOK250.00 per person|
Prices may be subject to change.