|Season (10 Jan 2021 - 20 May 2021)|
|Monday - Sunday||09:00||- 16:00|
Travel with your own dogsled to a magnificent ice cave, accessible only by dogsled. Within the ice cave, the lights from our headlamps let us experience ice as few people have seen it. The still air in the cave provides the perfect conditions for the ice to form fantastic shapes and beautiful colours.
You will be collected from the hotel entrance and driven to the Green Dog dog yard which is located approximately 12km from Longyearbyen. Once there you will be supplied with outer clothes for the tour and given an introduction to dogsledding.Each sled will take two guests, and you will have the opportunity to enjoy the ride as a passenger and try mushing for yourself. You sled With 5-6 huskies , but the leading sled With the guide and two guests, will run a 12 team. It is around 10 kilometres of sledding to the ice cave and when approaching the glacier,you may have to help the dogs,since the icecave is located at a height of 400 metres.The group will stop at the beautiful ice cave hidden inside the Scott Turner glacier, and explore the cave while the dogs rest. During the summer the ice cave is a bubbling meltwater river, and you will be able to see how the water has cut a path through the ancient ice, leaving beautiful formations in the walls and roof. After we've visited the ice cave, we will enjoy a light lunch and a hot drink in our heated tent. The group will then return to their well-rested dogs, who will now be eager to head downhill, through Bolterdalen and back home to the dog yard.
PLEASE note that the guide will START picking guests up from the hotels at the time written in your confirmation!
Duration: 7 hours.
Included: pick up/drop off at hotel in Longyearbyen, freezedried lunch on trip/coffee&bisquits.All guests gets a free Green Dog neckgaiter!
Our tours are run with small groups of maximum 8 guests per tour, and always with the guides' own dogs.
Our guides are all very professional and passionated in their work with the dogs. They are certified and participate in the yearly SGO course (Svalbard Guide Course).
- What to bring: Green Dog provides suits, boots, gloves, hats, neckgaiters. You need to wear a warm inner layer and extra socks.Also it is a good idea to bring a bottle of drinking water.
- Min/max no of guests: Min 1.For Groups 8+, please contact us in advance.
- Min age: 6 yrs.
- Condition: normal health, no previous climbing experience needed.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult.
- Please note that this is a dog sledding trip and therefore it is difficult to make longer stops for photographing.
- On all trips, at all times, an experienced and armed guide will be around to protect you from polar bears. At Green Dog safety is our number one priority.
Note that we offer 2 daily departures in groups of Maximum 8 guests , to give you a more personal experince. If you wish to book groups of 8+ guests, please contact us!
Cancellation fees for activities
If cancelled 22 days or more prior to departure 100 % refund
If cancelled 22-7 days prior to departure 50 % refund
Cancellation less than 7 days prior to departure is a ”no show” and does not qualify for any refund. You may apply to your insurance company for a refund if you provide a medical certificate.
If Green Dog Svalbard decides to cancel a trip due to weather or any other condition , you will receive a full refund!
Information about Covid-19
Green Dog Svalbard A/S follows rules and guidelines given by the Norwegian authorities and our infection control plan has been approved by the Governor of Svalbard. So far in the Corona pandemic, no infection has been detected in Longyearbyen and the city's tourism companies are open under strict infection control criteria approved by the Norwegian authorities.
We provide a full corona guarantee for our guests. This means that Green Dog Svalbard A/S refunds 100% of the price for activities – booked directly with Green Dog Svalbard. It is assumed that the cancellation is due to the customer not being able to arrive due to corona related circumstances, such as cancelled flights, imposed quarantine periods and closed borders. This counts for both individuals and groups.
We encourage all our guests who wish to cancel to change the dates of their booking instead. We are, as always, flexible on our cancellation terms and are happy to change dates without charging extra fees.
Being a guest on our activities
The safety of our guests and employees will always be our highest priority and we follow rules and guidelines given by the Norwegian authorities. To ensure your safety, we depend on your help. We ask all our guests to follow the advices given by the health authorities. The advice in the points below is taken from Visit Svalbard.
- If you have a fever, symptoms of a respiratory infection, feel unwell, or have been in contact with someone who has been diagnosed with an infection, we want you to stay at home. If symptoms occur while you are in Svalbard, you should be isolated in the hotel room or where you live. It is important that you convey that you are ill to local health authorities (call Longyearbyen Hospital).
- Keep a distance of 1 meter - the most important thing we can do.
- Be careful with your hand hygiene! We expect you to wash or disinfect your hands frequently. At Green Dog, we have set up liquor dispensers
- More about the infection control guide can be found on the Governor's pages.
At all our activities, you as a guest will be told to fill out an infection tracing form. This is a mandatory requirement for us to be able to take our guests on a trip.
As a guest with us, you will receive a new neck (a garment to keep your neck warm) (which is not reused - you can keep it after the trip). Other equipment (suits, boots, mittens and hats) is disinfected after each trip.
Any person who shows any symptoms of COVID-19 (headache, fever, cough, runny / stuffy nose, sore throat) must not participate in the trip. No refund will be given if you are refused to join the tour due to symptoms. We ask you to not show up on the trip if you experience any symptoms.
Green Dog Svalbard A/S is a member of the Travel Guarantee Fund and our customers are thus assured that they do not suffer financial loss if our company goes bankrupt.
|Ticket Type||Ticket Tariff|
|Children under 13 years||NOK1,495.00 per person|
|Adults||NOK2,990.00 per person|
Prices may be subject to change.