|Season (16 June 2024 - 30 Sept 2024)|
|Monday - Sunday||09:00||- 15:00|
Welcome to the heart of the fjords surrounded by a ton of jaw-droppingly beautiful attractions you will not find anywhere else. Travel by RIB boat and experience the huge expanses of glaciers, unique wildlife, and fast-paced joy.
We will depart from Longyearbyen crossing Isfjorden by RIB boat. Surrounded by the local wildlife and refreshing sea spray, on our way to the glaciers located in the innermost part of the fjord. Isfjorden is a luxurious oasis for a wealth of whale– and seal species, with its favourable climate and its unique position. For those hoping to spot the world’s largest animal ever, there might be a chance to see the blue whale in the season occurring from June to August. Seeing wildlife roaming around in their natural habitat truly is a spectacular experience.
The sound of thunder erupts from the ice. The glacier is on the move. Massive amounts of ice are pushed around. The glacier moves forward, closer, and closer to the edge where it breaks off and plummets into the ocean. A spectacular natural phenomenon known as calving.
The glaciers on Svalbard are not like the ones you experience in the rest of the world. They can recede for many years before they suddenly move fast forward for some years, resulting in magical ice formations within the glacier. This process is known as surging and the surge glaciers in Svalbard are a must see for everyone who visits the Arctic. One of the glaciers on the west side of Isfjorden is currently surging. Join us as we head out in open RIB-boats to explore the glaciers and the wildlife that surrounds them.
Our guide will evaluate the weather and conditions and choose the destination that will give you the best experience.
- Transport to and from your place of accommodation.
- Floating suit, life vest, shoes and googles.
- Guide with safety equipment.
- Search and rescue insurance.
- Lunch, hot drinks and biscuits.
- We recommend warm clothing to wear under the floating suit such as wool underwear, wool socks, thick sweater, and windproof outer clothing.
- A small backpack for extra clothing or other items
- Age limit: 10 years, or 14 years if the passenger is not accompanied by an adult. Height restriction: inseam of least 74 cm.
- For safety reasons, the route may change due to weather, wind and ice conditions.
- Please state any food allergies or other preferences.
- We do not recommend this tour if you are pregnant or have back problems.
|Ticket Type||Ticket Tariff|
|Adults||NOK1,990.00 per person|
|Children under 15 years||NOK1,145.00 per person|
Prices may be subject to change.