|Season (27 May 2022 - 31 Oct 2022)|
|Monday - Sunday||09:30||- 12:30|
This tour starts with a transfer to the coast where our dogs are eagerly waiting for us. Here we'll harness the 12 - 14 dogs to our wagon. When all the dogs are ready, the tour starts along the coast of the Arctic sea and towards Bjørndalen.
Keep your eyes open - there is a lot of wildlife in this area! On this tour you may see the Svalbard reindeer, the Arctic fox, the local ptarmigan and if you are lucky - seals and possibly walrus or whales in the water! During the nesting periods, birds are in abundance. It's common to see seagulls, auks, Arctic terns and the cute puffin!
This tour takes us away from the town on a graveled road. After exploring the coastline in the wagon, we'll drive to the dog yard and return the hard-working huskies to their kennels. While we're here, we can say hello to the husky puppies, and enjoy a cup of tea or coffee in our cabin.
Duration: Approximetely 3 hours all inclusive. The carttrip is around 1 hour,depending on conditions. Pick up from your hotel at 9:30 and 15:30.
Our tours are run with small groups of maximum 8 guests per tour, and always with the guides' own dogs.
Our guides are all very professional and passionated in their work with the dogs. They are certified and participate in the yearly SGO course (Svalbard Guide Course).
- PLEASE note that the guide will START picking guests up from the hotels at 9.30/15.30!
- Number of participants: Minimum 1 person /Maximum 6 persons
- Minimum age for participation: 2 years
- Clothing : No clothing is provided, but let us know in advance if you need to borrow any warm outdoor clothing.
- On all trips, at all times, an experienced and armed guide will be around to protect you from polar bears. At Green Dog safety is our number one priority.
Cancellation fees for activities
If cancelled 22 days or more prior to departure 100 % refund
If cancelled 22-7 days prior to departure 50 % refund
Cancellation less than 7 days prior to departure is a ”no show” and does not qualify for any refund. You may apply to your insurance company for a refund if you provide a medical certificate.
If Green Dog Svalbard decides to cancel a trip due to weather or any other condition , you will receive a full refund!
Information about Covid-19
Green Dog Svalbard A/S follows rules and guidelines given by the Norwegian authorities and our infection control plan has been approved by the Governor of Svalbard. So far in the Corona pandemic, no infection has been detected in Longyearbyen and the city's tourism companies are open under strict infection control criteria approved by the Norwegian authorities.
We provide a full corona guarantee for our guests. This means that Green Dog Svalbard A/S refunds 100% of the price for activities – booked directly with Green Dog Svalbard. It is assumed that the cancellation is due to the customer not being able to arrive due to corona related circumstances, such as cancelled flights, imposed quarantine periods and closed borders. This counts for both individuals and groups.
We encourage all our guests who wish to cancel to change the dates of their booking instead. We are, as always, flexible on our cancellation terms and are happy to change dates without charging extra fees.
Being a guest on our activities
The safety of our guests and employees will always be our highest priority and we follow rules and guidelines given by the Norwegian authorities. To ensure your safety, we depend on your help. We ask all our guests to follow the advices given by the health authorities. The advice in the points below is taken from Visit Svalbard.
- If you have a fever, symptoms of a respiratory infection, feel unwell, or have been in contact with someone who has been diagnosed with an infection, we want you to stay at home. If symptoms occur while you are in Svalbard, you should be isolated in the hotel room or where you live. It is important that you convey that you are ill to local health authorities (call Longyearbyen Hospital).
- Keep a distance of 1 meter - the most important thing we can do.
- Be careful with your hand hygiene! We expect you to wash or disinfect your hands frequently. At Green Dog, we have set up liquor dispensers
- More about the infection control guide can be found on the Governor's pages.
At all our activities, you as a guest will be told to fill out an infection tracing form. This is a mandatory requirement for us to be able to take our guests on a trip.
As a guest with us, you will receive a new neck (a garment to keep your neck warm) (which is not reused - you can keep it after the trip). Other equipment (suits, boots, mittens and hats) is disinfected after each trip.
Any person who shows any symptoms of COVID-19 (headache, fever, cough, runny / stuffy nose, sore throat) must not participate in the trip. No refund will be given if you are refused to join the tour due to symptoms. We ask you to not show up on the trip if you experience any symptoms.
Green Dog Svalbard A/S is a member of the Travel Guarantee Fund and our customers are thus assured that they do not suffer financial loss if our company goes bankrupt.
|Ticket Type||Ticket Tariff|
|Adults||NOK990.00 per person|
|Children under 12 years||NOK495.00 per person|
Prices may be subject to change.