|Season (2 Mar 2024 - 24 Sept 2024)|
|Saturday - Sunday||08:30||- 19:30|
Fjordcruise in Billefjorden
We set course towards Billefjorden, which early in the season is often covered in ice. As the fjord-cruise approaches the ice edge, we will have fantastic opportunities to experience the magnificent Arctic wildlife that thrives and enjoys this area.
Keep your eyes open and look for both whales, seals, walrus and a plethora of birds. And if we are lucky, a Polar bear or two are taking a “stroll” on the ice. Our Svalbard Cruise Team is excited to share Svalbard the way we think is the best, from the water – and our Cruise Hosts look forward to talk about the history of Longyearbyen, Russian settlements, glaciers, wildlife, and possibly also share a polar “tall tale” or two…
A warm lunch is on board as we sail along the ice edge, with Pyramiden in the far distance.
Barbequed meat and baked salmon is on the menu, served with a pasta salad, rice, and our own locally baked bread. A vegetarian option is available at the time of reservation.
Information regarding tours with any form of connection to Russian state-owned companies in Svalbard
Owing to Russia’s invasion of Ukraine and the related violations of international law and human rights, an extraordinary general meeting in Visit Svalbard has decided that all products, tours, services or other offers with any form of connection to the Russian state-owned companies in Svalbard, will be removed from Visit Svalbard’s platforms.
This specific activity does not have any economic ties to Russian state-owned companies in Svalbard, and is therefore still available on visitsvalbard.com.
For more information, see the media release from Svalbard Tourism Council and Visit Svalbard: https://en.visitsvalbard.com/visitor-information/news/trust-arcticugol-excluded-from-the-svalbard-tourism-council
- The boat has a fully licensed bar and waffles, snacks as well as some souvenirs can be purchased on board.
- Bring warm and windproof clothing, including a hat and mittens. Don’t forget your camera or binoculars!
- We pick up at all the hotels from 8:30am. If you are staying at Longyearbyen Camping by the airport, you can also select this at the time of booking.
- For more information about the pickup schedule at our website, by following this link.
- Payment with cash or credit card is possible on board.
- A minimum number of 8 passengers is needed for the Fjord-cruise to take place.
By completing the reservation of this Fjord-cruise, the terms and conditions found here are accepted.
We look forward to welcome you aboard, and we appreciate the opportunity to assist you in writing a new entry in your travel diary!
|Ticket Type||Ticket Tariff|
|Adults||NOK2,300.00 per person|
|0 - 2 years||Free|
|2 - 13 years||NOK1,500.00 per person|
Prices may be subject to change.