|Season (1 June 2022 - 30 Aug 2022)|
|Monday - Sunday||08:00||- 13:00|
Enjoy the golden glow of the sun and explore the best of Svalbard: the sight of glaciers, dramatic landscapes and the graceful walruses that lies in colonies on the beach. An unforgettable day in the Arctic fjords awaits!
In front of us, in the narrow fjord, we can glimpse the impressive glaciers and ice forms towering high in front of the surrounding mountain peaks. A panoramic view of a white mass with an almost baby-blue sheen where the glacier has calved, rises several meters up from the frozen fjord. The atmosphere is still and strange, suddenly interrupted by the sight and sound of the wildlife, both on land and at sea. So, remember to keep an eye out and bring binoculars.
Walruses became protected animals half a century ago. When this happened, the population was down to only a couple of hundred animals, after 350 years of hunting. In the recent years, the walrus has come back to its old colonies, and we have the possibility to visit one of these colonies with our boat.
We go to Borebukta on the other side of the Ice fjord (Isfjorden) to catch a glimpse of these wonderful creatures. Our open RIB-boat has a panorama view of the surroundings. As we arrive at the walrus' site, we will have some warm toddy, coffee and cookies, while looking for wildlife.
- Transport to and from your place of accommodation
- Guide with safety equipment
- Search and rescue insurance
- Hot drinks, and biscuits
- We recommend bringing warm clothing such as wool underwear, wool socks, a thick sweater, and windproof outer clothing.
- The boat may not carry passengers under 14 years of age unless passenger is accompanied by an adult. Minimum age one this trip is 8 years.
- For safety reasons, the route may change due to weather, wind, and ice conditions.
- We do not recommend this tour if you are pregnant or have back problems.
- We will not go ashore on this trip.
|Ticket Type||Ticket Tariff|
|Adults||NOK1,890.00 per person|
|Children under 15 years||NOK645.00 per person|
Prices may be subject to change.