|Season (1 Nov 2021 - 31 Jan 2022)|
|Monday - Sunday||09:00||- 13:00|
Welcome to the Arctic and the polar night: a mysterious time where all light comes from the most magical things such as the moon, the northern lights and a million stars. The polar night is best experienced on a dog sled, silently gliding through the snow-covered landscape. On this tour, you will get to know your own dog team, and help get them ready before departure.
Our dog yard is located outside of Longyearbyen, by the entrance of Todalen valley. When arriving at the dog yard you will meet our four-legged friends and get to know them before we start the instructions on how to drive and handle the dogs. With your help, we team up the dogs and in pairs, you will drive each sled into the polar night.
While being out on the sled we will experience the silence, the power of the dogs, and—if we are lucky—the northern lights. Our huskies love running and will give you an adventure you won’t forget. When we come back to the dog yard, we put the dogs back on their houses before we say hi to the rest of the pack and meet the puppies.
- Sled trip duration: 1 - 1,5 hour
- This is a physical activity where you get involved in handling the dogs. Please contact us if you are pregnant.
- Minimum age limit: 8 years
- You will be provided with thermal suit, gloves, hat and winter shoes. We also have headlamps and goggles if it's windy with snow.
- Minimum number of participants: 2
|Ticket Type||Ticket Tariff|
|Adults||NOK1,550.00 per person|
|Children 8 - 12 years||NOK775.00 per person|
Prices may be subject to change.