|Season (15 Feb 2024 - 10 May 2024)|
|Monday - Sunday||10:30||- 15:30|
We'll drive out through Adventdalen, extending eastwards from Longyearbyen and into a river landscape that takes us to Tellbreen. We take a closer look at the ice cave and the fascinating ice structures formed by water and sediments.
Join us as we drive our snowmobiles out of Longyearbyen towards our ice cave at the base of Tellbreen, a glacier local to town. We drive across the frozen Adventdalen, and around into Helvetiadalen, and then on to the ice cave. Our guides open this cave each year, and it is always different inside; no matter what, the 3000-year-old ice walls are certain to impress. Down here away from the elements, it is warm and silent. There will be a cozy atmosphere with hot drinks and biscuits as your guide tells stories from Svalbard’s rich history. You will be taken safely through the cave to an exit on the other side and return to Longyearbyen ready for more of what the Arctic has to offer.
Our snowmobiles have an industry leading fuel economy and are therefore some of the most environmentally friendly snowmobiles on the market.
- Transport to and from your hotel
- A snowmobile suit, boots, mittens, helmet, goggles and balaclava
- Helmets and head torches for the ice cave
- A hot lunch, drinks and biscuits
- Search and Rescue Insurance
- A local and experienced guide with a snowmobile and safety equipment
- We recommend you wear warm clothing
- On colder days an extra set of gloves as a liner to our mittens
- A mid-layer consisting of a sweater and pants in fleece or wool is advisable
- Down jackets, or other heavily insulated clothing, are not recommended beneath the snowmobile suit
- Our snowmobiles do not have a storage compartment, so a small backpack could be useful for cameras, extra jackets, and other small items
- A base-layer of wool or an equivalent is essential
- A valid driving license for a car or motorcycle must be carried during the whole trip
- 8 years accompanied by an adult
- We do not recommend joining this trip if you are pregnant or have any back pains.
Approximate driving time: 2-3 hours
|Ticket Type||Ticket Tariff|
|Per person||NOK2,390.00 driver|
|Per person||NOK1,190.00 passenger|
Prices may be subject to change.